How To Install A Metal Roof Over Shingles?
A metal roof is a roof that is made up of a metal and is used to do roofing of your home. It gives stability to your house. The metal roof is made up of materials like copper, tin, steel or aluminum. While installing a metal roof over shingles, the most popular material used by most of the people is steel. If you’re planning to install a metal roof over shingles it is important to take care of the cost of the material as well as its performance.
There are several issues you can face while installing a metal roof over shingles
- You might face problems, and there will be no easy tactic of installing it.
- Always take care of the number of layers of metal roofs you are installing.
- You need to be careful while selecting the correct metal for your roof.
You have basically two important options available when you install a metal roof over shingles.
- In the case of stone coated shingles, you have to install many shingles in many horizontal rows which makes it traditional shingles.
- In case of standing seam, you have to place shingles in a vertical row all from the top of the ridge to the end of the reave.
Steps required to install a metal roof over shingles
- Firstly, get an accurate measurement of your roof.
- Then lay down the metal roof over the top of your surface.
- Put the metal roofs carefully in the correct place.
- Install a rubber strip and attach the cap to it.
Thus, metal roofing can be expensive but if installed once will be of a great use and for a longer period of time.